Image by Luisa Brimble
Finding new stress-free recipes that don’t take forever to make and taste amazing is much easier said than done.
Make your meal planning a breeze with these 10 main dish recipe ideas!
When it comes to keeping you and your family happy and healthy, delicious and efficient mealtimes are essential. Finding new and exciting dishes to shake up your routine isn’t always easy, but it is the best way to keep yourself from getting stuck in a recipe rut! So, the next time you find yourself with the cooking equivalent of writer's block, you'll be prepared thanks to this list of must-try main dish recipes!
Table & Thyme’s Top10 Main Dish and Entree Recipes to Try
Whether you’re looking for something to serve at breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this list is packed with meal options, including vegetarian-friendly dishes, that are equally easy to make and impossible to put down!
Energize your afternoons with a hearty helping of B12 and a plate of fresh salmon tacos!
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 3 teaspoons Greek yogurt
- 1 small lime
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 small corn tortillas
- Mango salsa (optional)
- Pat the salmon dry before rubbing it in olive oil, salt, and paprika.
- Line an air fryer basket with foil and cook the salmon for 8-10 minutes at 400º F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the cabbage, greek yogurt, and juice from ½ of a lime, and a pinch of salt and toss until well-combined.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer and let cool for a few minutes. Use a fork to shred or flake the salmon and set it aside.
- Microwave the tortillas to warm, or place them on a skillet for a few minutes. Place the warmed tortillas on a plate and fill them with the flaked salmon, as well as the cabbage mixture. Top with mango salsa and enjoy!
Featured in our 5 Recipes for an Exciting Summer Cookout blog, this Chicago Dog recipe is a soon-to-be fall favorite as football and tailgating season quickly approaches!
- Hot dog
- Poppy seeds
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Sweet relish
- 1 white onion, diced
- Dill pickle spear
- Sport peppers
- Yellow mustard
- Celery salt
- Cook hot dog according to preference, slice the tomato, and dice the onions.
- Microwave the butter in 10 second-increments to melt. Then, brush the melted butter on the hot dog bun and sprinkle it with poppy seeds.
- Add the cooked hot dog to the bun, dress with tomato slices, sweet relish, diced onion, pickle spears, and sport peppers.
- Drizzle the hot dog with yellow mustard and sprinkle it with celery salt.
Pineapple Cheese Casserole
If you haven’t had the chance to indulge in the aromatic and cheesy masterpiece that is this Southern pineapple cheese casserole, you have definitely been missing out!
- 2 cans pineapple chunks, drained with 6 Tablespoons juice reserved
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz, crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and crush the crackers.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flour, and pineapple juice. Then, add the pineapple and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter and crushed crackers until evenly coated. Sprinkle over the layer of cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes or until it begins to golden. Allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Tik Tok Ramen
Staying up-to-date on the newest food trends is a must for anyone that loves trying new and unique recipes. We covered this viral noodle recipe in our Trying Tik Tok’s Viral Ramen Recipe blog and it quickly became one of our favorite go-to meals!
- 1 package instant ramen
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- Open the ramen and set the seasoning aside. Cook the ramen according to the instructions on the package, then drain the water and set the noodles aside.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes. When the garlic has softened, stir in the brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Add the noodles to the sauce, and toss to coat. Push the noodles to one side of the pan, and add the egg. Scramble until set.
- Plate, and top with everything bagel seasoning.
Smoked Salmon Flatbread
This smoked salmon flatbread recipe was shared in our blog, Plan the Perfect Summer Date Night with Table & Thyme. And while it’s great for sharing with someone special, it’s also an ideal recipe for any occasion!
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Everything bagel seasoning
- 4-6 oz smoked salmon
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- Fresh herbs such as dill and chives
For the cream cheese:
- ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream at room temperature
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Oil a baking sheet, oil all sides of the dough, and stretch it out into an oval. Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning around the edge of the dough. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- While the dough is in the oven, mix up the cream cheese. Put the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and zest, and chives into a bowl and stir until well combined.
- When the dough is baked through, let it cool. Smear the cream cheese mixture in the middle. Layer the smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese, then top with onions, capers, and fresh herbs. Slice and serve.
Cast Iron Pizza
Get the delicious taste of homemade without all the extra work thanks to this homemade pizza in a cast iron skillet recipe! Make it an extra cheesy pie, or top it off with a handful of pepperoni, a sprinkle of sausage, or whatever your pizza-loving heart desires!
- Pizza dough
- 1 jar of a pizza sauce of your choice
- At least 10 ounces of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Spicy honey
- Preheat your oven to 475º F and preheat the cast iron skillet by placing it over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- On a clean countertop, sprinkle flour to prevent sticking and roll pizza dough into a circle the same size as the skillet.
- Place the pizza dough into the skillet (still on the heat) and fold any excess dough towards the center to create a crust. Then, drizzle the dough with olive oil, using a brush to cover the dough’s surface and edges evenly.
- Allow the pizza dough to cook in the skillet for a few minutes until it begins to bubble before spooning pizza sauce onto the dough. Place a spoonful or two of the sauce and use the back of a spoon to spread the sauce in a circular motion. Top the sauce with the shredded mozzarella cheese (however much you’d like), and place the entire skillet into the oven to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven to rotate its position and place it back in for another 4-5 minutes.
- After the crust has turned golden, remove the pizza from the skillet and transfer it to a plate or a cutting surface to slice.
- Drizzle the hot pizza with honey, a sprinkle of oregano, and any other toppings you’d like, serve, and enjoy!
French Toast Ravioli
A sweet treat to start off any morning the right way, this recipe is one of our 5 Deliciously Energizing Breakfast Ideas to Try. Serve these cream-filled French Toast puffs with a side of sliced fresh fruit or a drizzle of buttery, maple syrup!
Cream cheese filling:
- ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- Brioche loaf
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- To make the custard, put the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a shallow bowl. Beat well with a fork until combined.
- Take a slice of brioche, and cut a circle using a cookie or biscuit cutter. Repeat for as many pieces of ravioli as you’d like to make.
- On one brioche round, scoop about a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling. Top with another brioche round, then use a fork to crimp the edges together.
- Once all your ravioli are crimped, coat each piece in the custard mixture. Once coated, cook in a pan over medium heat, a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with fruit and powdered sugar and enjoy!
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
This zesty lemon ricotta pasta is the perfect weeknight pick-me-up with its blend of tangy cheeses, tart lemon, and peppery flavors on a bed of nourishing pasta!
- 1 pound of Gemelli or other short pasta
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons or 2-3 cloves of garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½-1 cup reserved pasta water
- Bring water to a boil in your pot with a large three-finger pinch of salt. Once it’s boiling, add your pasta and cook until al-dente (usually about 1-2 minutes less than the instructions say, taste a noodle to test).
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain it and set the pasta aside. Do not rinse the pasta.
- To the same pot you just used to cook your pasta, add the ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice, parmesan cheese, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add your pasta back into the pot with the sauce along with ½ cup of reserved pasta water. Mix until well combined, adding more reserved pasta water as needed to thin it out to your liking.
Veggie Pot Pie with Parmesan Drop Biscuits
Fall is rapidly approaching, which means it’s time to stock up on warm and cozy recipes for the season like this hearty vegetarian classic pot pie with parmesan drop biscuits. Soft, flavorful garden vegetables with savory, flaky parmesan biscuits to warm your stomach just as much as your heart. Oh, and there’s no baking involved, too!
- 10 oz corn
- 2 cups and 3 Tablespoons flour (separated)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound green beans, chopped
- 12 oz carrots, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Slice your carrots, cut the green beans into 1 inch pieces, dice the onion, cut the corn off the cob, and cut the potatoes. Also if needed, grate your Parmesan.
- Put the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans, onions, and carrots. Cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the corn.
- In a measuring cup, whisk 3 Tablespoons of flour with 1 cup milk. Pour the mixture into the skillet and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, 1 and ¼ cup milk, and 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar. Add the Parmesan, chopped rosemary, and flour.
- Mix until the dough comes together. Using a large spoon, dollop the dough over the vegetable filling in the skillet. It should be enough for 8-10 biscuits.
- Bake on the top rack for about 18 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and cooked through. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Ham & Swiss Honey Butter Crescent Rolls
Take a classic combo like ham and swiss, but make it the best you’ve ever had. That’s what we did with our newest obsession: baked ham and swiss on honey butter crescent rolls! You can easily customize it with any one of your favorite sandwiches like roast beef and provolone, turkey and cheddar, or whatever you like!
- Honey butter crescent rolls
- Honey ham slices
- Swiss cheese slices
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent rolls, and divide the sheet in half. Lay one half on a lined baking sheet and pinch the seams together to create a sheet of dough. Repeat to the other half of the dough and set aside.
- Layer the ham slices and Swiss cheese across the sheet of dough and then top with the other half of the crescent rolls. Using your fingertips, pinch the edges together all the way around to seal all of the sides.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, onion powder, poppyseeds, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Brush the top of the crescent rolls with the butter mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes on the middle rack, then 3 minutes more on the top rack, or until golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s blog covering Table & Thyme’s top 10 main dish recipe picks! We love sharing our favorite recipes, so be on the lookout for all our food content on Table & Thyme’s Instagram, and don’t forget to check in with our blog every week for more recipes, event highlights, hosting guides, and so much more!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.