Nothing beats watching the big game. Except, of course, watching the big game with delicious food! But over the years, having the same appetizers for every viewing party can get a little stale. Why not kickoff this year's Super Bowl with these fun, new, and mouth watering appetizers!
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
These firecracker meatballs aren’t just any old meatballs, their spicy sauce gives the perfect kick of flavor for your indoor tailgate. Combine your favorite hot sauce, brown sugar, and a hint of apple cider vinegar to add an edge and make this signature sauce. These bite-sized flavor bombs need only bake for less than 15 minutes!
- 1 3/4 - 2 lbs ground chicken
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 475° F and prepare two lined baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat to cool and thicken.
- Beat eggs first, then combine the ground chicken, seasonings, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Using your hands, carefully mix the ingredients.
- Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to section the balls, about 3 tablespoons of meat in each. Gently roll meatballs in a circular motion. Place meatballs onto lined baking sheet, leave about 1 inch of space between each, and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-5 minutes before handling. To coat meatballs in the firecracker sauce, you can either dip each one into the sauce or brush the sauce onto the meatballs. After coated, place meatballs back onto lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Remove meatballs and drizzle with sauce.
Recipe by LittleSpiceJar
These little treats add a fun twist to a traditional Italian appetizer and preparing them is so simple you’ll have extra time to sit back and enjoy the game! All you need is some mozzarella balls, whatever kind of olives you’d like, sliced salami, basil leaves, peppers, artichoke hearts, and your favorite tortellini. To make things easier, you can get most of these ingredients marinated, but a nice olive oil drizzle is super easy to make at home, too! Round up all these tasty foods and skewer to your heart's content!
- 24 mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 olives (Greek, green, or black, it’s up to you!)
- 12 slices salami cut in half
- 24 small, fresh basil leaves
- 2 roasted bell peppers, sliced (redo, orange, or yellow)
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- ½ lb fresh tortellini, cooked
- Bamboo skewers or long toothpicks
These appetizers go well with almost everything! Mix and match these sweet, spicy, and savory flavors with all your Super Bowl favorites in the ultimate Game Day experience that are sure to make your friends, family, and tastebuds say “Touchdown!”
Recipe by CYD Converse
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.