Have your mornings been feeling a bit melancholic?
Lighten up your mornings with these delightful, fresh, and fun breakfast recipes!
Breakfast is often regarded as the most important meal of the day. Are you making the most out of your morning with a filling, nutritious, and tasty meal? Well, if you weren’t before, you can now by trying out one or all of our 5 deliciously energizing breakfast recipes! They're easy to make and the perfect morning pick-me-up for any day of the week, take a look!
1. Protein Energy Bites
An easy way to get yourself the protein you need to conquer the day ahead of you, these energy bites are a great make-ahead breakfast option for busy bodies!
There is a ton of room for creative freedom with this recipe and it even gives you the chance to shake things up and try something new when you get tired of any particular flavor. Aside from the oats, you’ll need some ground flax seed, but the rest is up to you! You have the choice of whatever nut butter you prefer, and a wide selection to choose from, too. You can also choose which sweeteners to include in your protein bites, or if you’d like to include sweetener at all! Liquid sweeteners like honey or maple syrup are an ideal bonding agent for this recipe, but adding some semi-sweet chocolate chips will make this recipe even more irresistible!
Mix your ingredients in a bowl, stirring and combining until everything is evenly distributed. Then, place the bowl in the refrigerator and let cool for a good 15-20 minutes.
Once the mixture has had time to settle, use a spoon to form small balls. You can make a sizable ball using about 2 Tablespoons of the mixture, but it’s really up to you!
Protein Energy Bites Recipe
- ⅔ cup creamy nut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of a liquid sweetener like honey or maple syrup
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate for 15-20 min, then scoop about two tablespoons and roll into a ball. Store for up to one week.
2. French Toast Ravioli
Having something to look forward to can be a great motivator for productive mornings, and these french toast ravioli are definitely a breakfast to be excited about!
French toast and ravioli are both enjoyable dishes on their own, but they don’t seem like they would make a great pairing. That is, until now! No, we won’t be using any pasta dough or red sauce, but we will be filling up these french toast pockets with flavorful fun!
There are two main elements to make for this recipe, the cream cheese filling and the ravioli. For the ravioli, gather a loaf of Brioche bread, a few eggs, some whole milk and heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, and a little bit of salt. For the filling, all you’ll need is cream cheese and sugar. Of course, we definitely recommend serving alongside freshly sliced fruit, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, and maybe even a drizzle of maple syrup, but to each their own!
Beat the eggs, milk and heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well combined, and in a separate bowl, mix the filling by combining the cream cheese and sugar evenly.
Grab a cookie or biscuit cutter, or even a small-rimmed cup, to cut out small circles of the Brioche. Scoop a small spoonful of the filling into the center of a Brioche circle, and cover with another. Then, use a fork to crimp the edge of the Brioche and you’ve got yourself a breakfast ravioli!
But, of course, it’s not french toast ravioli quite yet. After you’ve formed as many ravioli as you’d like, coat each one in the beaten egg mixture and place them into a pan with melted butter to cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
Once the ravioli begin to take on that golden quality of french toast, they are ready to serve!
French Toast Ravioli Recipe
Cream cheese filling:
- ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- Brioche loaf
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- To make the custard, put the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a shallow bowl. Beat well with a fork until combined.
- Take a slice of brioche, and cut a circle using a cookie or biscuit cutter. Repeat for as many pieces of ravioli as you’d like to make.
- On one brioche round, scoop about a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling. Top with another brioche round, then use a fork to crimp the edges together.
- Once all your ravioli are crimped, coat each piece in the custard mixture. Once coated, cook in a pan over medium heat, a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with fruit and powdered sugar.
- Use the leftover brioche to make croutons or bread pudding.
3. Peach Burrata Toast
Just in time for summer, this peach burrata toast is a sweet and refreshing way to start any morning!
What makes this toast so great? Let’s see… crunchy, toasted slices of ciabatta bread topped with a spread of rich and buttery burrata cheese, sweet and juicy slices of fresh peach, a hint of zesty basil, and a drizzle of spicy honey… sounds like heaven on a slice of bread!
Ciabatta rolls aren’t easily toasted in a conventional toaster, but coating in a thin layer of olive oil and placing face-down on a frying pan is an effective alternative that leads to a crisp and crunchy slice of ciabatta! It doesn’t take long to toast over medium heat and prevents the bread from losing too much moisture during the toasting process, too.
Get your toppings ready by chopping up the basil and slicing the peach into thin sections. If you have some left over after everything, you could always enjoy a fruity afternoon snack later in the day!
Use a spoon to smear the burrata cheese across the toasted face of the ciabatta in a somewhat even layer.
Then, line up the peach slices on top of the cheese.
Sprinkle with the chopped basil and give your toast a drizzle of delicious honey with a kick like Bees Knees Spicy Honey for an ultimate morning energizer!
Peach Burrata Toast Recipe
- Ciabatta roll
- 1 peach
- A few basil leaves
- One ball of burrata
- Hot honey
- Cut your ciabatta roll in half, and drizzle the cut sides with olive oil. Toast the roll cut sides down in a pan over medium heat.
- Slice the peach, and cut the basil leaves into thin strips.
- When the roll is toasted, smear it with burrata. Top with peaches and basil. Drizzle with hot honey, and serve.
4. Pistachio Cheesecake Baked Oats
As an essential component of a balanced diet, fiber plays a vital role in making sure we feel good on a daily basis. But, a lot of people struggle to get enough fiber in the food they eat. If you are looking for an effective way to combat sluggish mornings and midday crashes, this recipe for fiber-packed and tasty pistachio cheesecake baked oats is the perfect breakfast option to try!
To make this recipe you’ll need to gather shelled pistachios, oats, a banana, some nut butter, milk, yogurt, cream cheese, maple syrup, baking powder, and some chocolate chips.
Cut the banana in half and mash one of the halves before combining it with the oats, baking powder, nut butter, and maple syrup. You won’t be using the other half of the banana, so you can eat it, share it, discard it, or save it for later if you’d like.
After the oats and other ingredients have been well-mixed, pour it into an oven-safe ramekin and disperse the chocolate chips into the oat mixture. You can use the back of a spoon to make sure they are placed deep into the dish, and then sprinkle some pistachios over everything before placing it in the oven. It will need to cook for about 25 minutes at 350° F, which gives you plenty of time to get the rest of the ingredients prepared!
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, and last of the maple syrup until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Once the oats have finished baking, smooth a spoonful of the cream you prepared over the warm oats and toasted pistachios. Sprinkle another helping of pistachios to top everything off and enjoy your delicious breakfast!
Pistachio Cheesecake Baked Oats Recipe
- ½ cup baked oats
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon nut butter
- ½ cup milk
- Chopped pistachios to taste
- Dark chocolate chips to taste
- 2 teaspoons yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- Mix the oats, banana, baking powder, nut butter, and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into an oven-safe ramekin.
- Press dark chocolate down into the middle of the oats. Sprinkle with pistachios, then bake at 350° F for 25 min.
- While the oats are baking, mix the yogurt, cream cheese, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of maple syrup until well blended. Once the oats are done baking, top with the cheesecake mixture, and sprinkle with more pistachios.
5. Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Toast
Zesty, refreshing, and Instagrammable, this lemon blueberry ricotta toast is the perfect way to start out a sunny summer day!
For the most part, the amount of ingredients you use for this recipe is up to you. Grab a slice of your favorite toast-building bread, such as a savory slice of sourdough or a hearty slice of potato bread, and let’s get going! Depending on what you reach for, you can toast it using a regular toaster or you can use the toasting method we outlined in the Peach Burrata Toast recipe.
Next, you can use as much ricotta cheese as your heart desires, we recommend anywhere from 2 to 4 Tablespoons. Use a spoon to scoop out the cheese and place it in the corner of a Ziploc bag without filling the tip. Cut the tip to create a piping bag and use it to pipe the cheese across the toasted bread.
Sprinkle the zest of a fresh lemon over the ricotta to add a kick of energetic flavor to your toast!
Place as many blueberries as you’d like on the top of your nearly complete toast…
Then, finish everything off with a drizzle of sweet honey!
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Toast Recipe
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 slice of your preferred bread
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Drizzle of honey
- Toast your bread.
- Spoon ricotta into a Ziploc bag and cut off the tip to use it as a piping bag. Pipe the ricotta onto the toast.
- Use a microplane or zester and zest a lemon onto the ricotta.
- Top the toast with blueberries and drizzle with honey.
Thanks for taking the time to explore some of our fun and energizing breakfast ideas. If you’re looking for more inspiration in the kitchen, we share new recipes on our Instagram every week and would love to connect with you on social media! We also share highlights from our recent catering events and more in our grazing table gallery and our weekly blog, so feel free to browse our website for even more delicious and decorative food inspo!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.