Image by S’well
Are you hoping to step up your hosting game before your next party or event?
Here's a tip from the pros: don’t reach for the same old store-bought dips that everyone serves at their get-togethers. Instead, make your event more exciting with these 8 uniquely tasteful dip recipes!
Having an interesting and flavorful menu is an essential factor in making any event a memorable one. While choosing the right appetizers, desserts, and even entrées is a guaranteed way to keep guests happy and well-fed, bringing some irresistible dips to the table is the catering cherry on top of an entertaining evening! Store-bought dips aren’t totally awful, but they definitely don’t add anything new to an event. Shake things up, get your guests excited, and get conversations flowing by adding some new and unique flavors to your event menu. Here are 8 dip recipes that are party-approved and ready to share at your next get-together!
1. Brownie Batter Dip
Indulge yourself with this decadently sweet and creamy brownie batter dip. It’s the perfect dessert dip to end a memorable event and pairs well with fresh fruits like cherries, strawberries, and more!
- 3 Tablespoons of your nut butter of choice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons oat flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except the chocolate chips, and stir well until combined. Be sure that there are not any hidden pockets of cocoa powder!
- Check the consistency of the dip and adjust it to your liking. If it is too thick, slowly add a few Tablespoons of milk at a time as you're mixing to make it thinner.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips until they are well distributed in the dip.
- Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy!
2. Butter Bean Hummus
A silky-smooth dip to accompany crackers, crostini, or even fresh vegetables, this butter bean hummus is a tangy snack that everyone will enjoy!
- 6 Tablespoons Tahini
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 Tablespoons water
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Add the Tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and water to a blender or food processor and blend everything until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the drained butter beans, olive oil, and salt to the blender and continue to blend until smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes or any other spices you'd like. Serve with crackers, pita, or veggies, and enjoy!
3. Fruit Dip
Take a break from the savory side of things with a dip filled with fruity sweetness! This rich and fluffy dip goes well with a variety of fruits, so explore your culinary creativity and mix and match the combinations until you find your favorite pairings!
- 8 ounces (1 container) cream cheese, room temperature
- 7 ounces (1 container) marshmallow fluff
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients using a whisk or hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Serve alongside a fruit of your choice or an assorted fruit plate!
4. Avocado Salsa Verde
This zesty dip will turn your guests green with envy for having lived so long without having it in their lives! Do them (and yourself) a favor and make this super simple and shareable recipe ASAP!
- 1 avocado
- 3 tomatillos
- ½-1 serrano pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender, using enough serrano pepper to make the dip as spicy as you'd like, and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and pair with chips or use as a topping for tacos, nachos, and so much more!
5. Ranch Fun Dip
Fun Dip is an entertaining treat for when you’re craving something sour and sweet, but what about when you want a taste of the opposite? This savory seasoning dip is highly addictive and perfect alongside a fresh veggie platter!
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo-style pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Toast the pistachios in a medium skillet over medium heat, shaking and tossing often, until they become golden brown. This step shouldn't take more than about 4 minutes. Then, transfer the toasted pistachios to a spice mill or mortar and pestle and let cool.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt to the pistachios and grind or pound until the mixture becomes the texture of a coarse meal. Transfer everything to a small bowl and mix in Aleppo-style pepper, dill, sugar, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Serve dip with crudités and enjoy!
6. Masters’ Pimento Cheese
Creamy, cheesy, dippable, what could be better than that? Luckily, you don’t need to be a pro at golf to enjoy this Masters’ pimento cheese recipe, but it will still be a hole-in-one at your next party!
- ¼ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup diced pimentos
- Use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese until smooth.
- Then, add in the mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic salt and continue to whip until combined.
- Carefully fold in the rest of the ingredients before covering and letting cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve on sandwiches or alongside chips or crackers and enjoy!
7. Yogurt Chili Dip
Add some spice to your event with this creamy and unique yogurt chili dip!
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Chili crisp
- Naan or pita bread
- Smear a few dollops of yogurt on a plate. Drizzle with chili crisp and sprinkle fresh parsley or cilantro for a refreshing garnish.
- Serve with warmed and soft pita or naan bread.
8. Creamy Avocado Dip
Avocados can make pretty much any meal better, even as a dip! Freshen up your plate with a generous helping of this buttery, earthy avocado dip!
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and halved
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half and put the halves in a food processor or blender.
- Add the chopped basil, the juice of half a lemon, garlic powder, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and blend until everything has combined evenly.
- Serve chilled with crudité or smear it on a sandwich.
Thanks for taking a look at our 8 dip recipes to make your next event a hit! Here at Table & Thyme, we are dedicated to creating elevated catering experiences wherever we can, which is why we love sharing recipes like these! If you enjoyed them, be sure to follow our Instagram and tune in to our weekly blog where we share new and original food content every week, plus insider tips and tricks for memorable events from an experienced catering team!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.