With the extra time on our hands, why not use it to spruce up our breakfast routine? If this time at home has you looking to ditch the cereal, reminisce on your childhood, and practice those cooking skills, then you may want to try some warm home-cooked southern style french toast. This french toast is the perfect breakfast to try with the kids, surprise your loved one with, or simply be a replacement of that boring breakfast.
What You'll Need:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup full-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest (about a whole lemon)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1large baguette (the thin ones)
- Cut on a bias.
- Syrup for the topping
- Spray your casserole (13x9) dish with cooking spray and mix together the eggs, buttermilk, cream, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Line your bread slices in the dish to give it a shingled look.
- Pour your egg mixture over the bread slices and cover in the fridge overnight.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with Powdered sugar and syrup.