Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadilla
Cheesy, flavorful, and beefy...mmm mmm mmm. Sounds delicious right? If you're looking for a dinner idea with a little kick, look no further! Throw in a warm tortilla and a melted blend of cheeses, this ground beef quesadilla recipe will leave your mouth watering and will keep you coming back for more. It's perfect for you and your significant other, your family, a girl's night, or a weekend gathering!
Here's what you'll need!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp unsalted beef stock
- 12 oz shredded cheese blend - about 3 cups (or combination of cheddar, Monterey jack and pizza mozzarella)
- 6 flour tortillas -mine were about 7 – 8 inch diameter
- cooking spray -to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 200 F (to keep quesadillas warm while cooking batches).
- In a pan on medium heat add olive oil.
- When simmering, add ground beef, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles with a wooden spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and stock and cook 1 -2 minutes more.
- Remove beef from pan into a bowl. If there is any excess grease drain/remove.
- Distribute about 8 ounces (or 2 cups) of cheese among all tortillas (on one side of them). NOTE: reserve the remaining 4 ounces (or cup of cheese).
- Distribute ground beef on top of cheese. Then, sprinkle remaining 1 cup (or 4 ounces) of cheese on top of ground beef. Fold tortilla over so you have a half moon shape.
- Working in batches (about 2 quesadillas per batch), spray cooking spray into pan and cook quesadillas (on medium low heat) for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is melted (carefully turning and watching to ensure they don't burn). While continuing batches, place cooked quesadillas on a baking sheet in preheated oven to keep warm.
- Cut each half moon in half. Serve with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.