We all need a little more energy every now and then! Try out these delicious bites - make them ahead of time and have them ready for anytime you need them during the week.
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I like this brand of unsweetened shredded coconut)
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Additional shredded coconut for rolling
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick “dough” starts to form, about 3-5 minutes of processing. If the ingredients are chopped into super small pieces but the dough isn’t coming together, try adding a teaspoon of water at a time (up to a tablespoon or two) to encourage everything to come together.
- When the ingredients are well incorporated, remove the blade from the food processor. Take 1 large tablespoon of the “dough” and roll it into a ball in between your hands. Roll the ball in additional shredded coconut. Repeat with remaining dough. I keep the balls in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer much longer.