Delicious Brisket and Pimento Grilled Cheese
Everyone loves a great grilled cheese sandwich, but this recipe takes it to a whole new level of flavor!
Grilled cheese, brisket, and pimento cheese all together to create a divine and elegant rendition of an all-time favorite dish!
You may be thinking, “isn’t grilled cheese supposed to be just that, grilled cheese?” Yes! But… also, no! There’s no rule book that says there is only one way to do things, and if there was, it’s probably not worth following because some of the most amazing dishes come from trying new combinations of flavors as textures. Exploring and experimenting is a great way to find unforgettable taste combinations, and this recipe is no exception! Instead of sticking with the same old, 3-ingredient grilled cheese recipe, why not spice up the flavor with some creamy, spicy pimento cheese? Give yourself a break and relax with some delicious food with mouthwatering smoked brisket! All without compromising a favorite comfort-dish! It really is a must-try recipe that we couldn’t help but share with you!
Image by unsplash.com
Where did this idea come from?
Well, sometimes you find yourself with leftover ingredients from lunch or dinner that you just don’t want to waste! After making a delectable dinner featuring some fall-off the bone, smoked brisket, what do you do with all the leftover brisket trimmings? Keep’em! You don’t have to discard them! Instead, you can put them in a vacuum sealed or zip-lock bag to be frozen for future use or you can use them in this one-of-a-kind grilled cheese recipe! The great thing about this method is that you can do 5-10 grilled cheeses at a time, so you’ve got maximum meal output with hardly any extra ingredients or effort!
So what exactly does this recipe call for?
- 1 cup brisket trimmings
- 1 cup pimento cheese (homemade recipe below)
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 4 slices of bread
- Butter to spread
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Warm up the brisket trimmings in the microwave, then place them in the bowl with the pimento cheese and mix.
- Lay out four slices of bread on a baking pan and sprinkle ¼ of the mozzarella cheese on two of the slices.
- Place ½ the brisket and pimento cheese mixture on top of one of the slices with cheese. (Put the rest on the other half.)
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top of the brisket and pimento cheese.
- Place the other two slices of bread on top of the half sandwich
- Place another baking pan on top of the sandwich, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once the sandwich has baked, spread butter on top of the sandwich.
- Put back in the oven for 5 more minutes without the top pan.
- Slice and enjoy.
Image by Restless Chipotle
Looking for that homemade taste? We’ve got you covered!
There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned grilled cheese, but why not take it up a notch with some homemade pimento cheese? Who could resist the dancing flavors of spice, creamy sweetness, and sharp cheese on a bed of crispy bread and paired with delicious smoked brisket? You can use store-bought, but for those that relish in the freshness of homemade, we’ve got the perfect pimento cheese recipe for you!
- 1 lb block sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ lb of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 small jar pimentos
- ½ cup of mayo
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Splash hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Grate the cheese in a bowl
- Add the cream cheese, white pepper, pimentos, mayo, sugar, and hot sauce.
- Mix all together and chill before serving.
Don’t be shy, give it a try!
It can be scary to try new foods sometimes, but we promise it’s worth it! This is one of those recipes that is sure to become a staple in your home, so don’t be afraid to experiment with these rich flavors! If you did end up making this recipe, make sure to let us know and share your experiences with us! You can also check out some of our other recipe recommendations and our weekly blog for more tips and tricks!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.