- 3 red bell peppers, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo or quinoa
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 2 pepperoncini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
LEMONY BASIL TOMATOES
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- zest from 1 lemon
- kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, toss the peppers with the olive oil, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the oregano. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are beginning to char.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain and toss with the balsamic vinegar, olives, pepperoncini, pine nuts, and feta.
4. Make the lemon basil tomatoes by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Stuff the warm orzo inside the peppers. Drizzle with the lemon basil tomato sauce. Enjoy!
*Alternately the peppers can be grilled for 4-5 minutes per side instead of roasted.
Photos and content source credited to: https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/greek-orzo-stuffed-red-peppers/?fbclid=IwAR3duEF0CnVUuxuy_6z3PxdF0uMS5XbubyErLUeg07suf_huWAnBiKyhjtU