Don’t let the summer months go by without making the most of the season!
Make memories with your special someone this summer with these fun date night ideas (plus recipes!)
Finding time to fit plenty of enjoyable dates into your busy schedule is important for maintaining healthy relationships, and giving yourself a much-needed break every now and then. Especially after being with someone for a while, it can be hard to find new and interesting things to do with your partner, which can leave your dates stale and lacking.
With warm temperatures and longer days, summer is a great time to rediscover your romance, and we have a few ideas to help you do it!
Summer Date Ideas to Heat Things Up
There’s nothing wrong with the dates you usually go on, but trying something new can lend to some exciting memories to share! Here are 6 ideas for fun and romantic dates this summer, plus some exclusive Table & Thyme recipes to make your date night an extra special one!
Image by Lon Christensen
1. Rooftop Dinner Date
Summer is a great time to get some fresh air together, and it doesn’t always have to be time in the sunshine either! Make a reservation for good food, great drinks, and warming laughs while getting a front-row seat at a breathtaking skyline view! Rooftop bars and restaurants are a unique environment to spend quality time without taking too much of an adventurous leap. So, if you’re cautious about trying new things, a rooftop dinner date is the perfect place to start!
Image by Stefano Valtorta
2. Stargazing Picnic
A romantic and secluded dinner under the stars, what could be more enticing? Grab a blanket and your favorite takeout foods and make your way to an open space where you can see the stars. Take a drive outside the city and enjoy each other’s company while listening to catchy tunes and scoping out the best spot for stargazing. Just don’t forget the bug spray!
Image by Derek Sutton
3. Outdoor Movie Night
Dinner and a movie has been a dating staple for as long as the silver screen has been around. It’s a fun and engaging way to get to know each other without being overbearing, so it definitely makes sense why it's such a popular date idea. But, movie theaters aren’t what they used to be, and it may be a date you’ve been on many, many times. Shake things up by taking them outdoors! Take a trip to a drive-in movie and snuggle up with bae in the comfort of your car, or set up a projector in the backyard for movie night memories right at home!
Image by Scott Broome
4. Dance Class
Maybe you’re a great dancer, or maybe you were born with two left feet. Either way, signing up for a dance class can be an entertaining way to learn a few new moves and spend some quality time together. You don’t have to worry about any judgment, either, since there are options for everyone! From beginner to advanced, private or group classes, there are plenty of classes to fit whatever you are looking for. Plus, you will walk away with some sweet dance skills to show off at weddings and other events in the future, too!
Image by Everton Vila
5. Bike Ride through the City
There are a number of companies that offer bike rental services for people to explore their communities in a new way. Take a trip down memory lane and heal your inner child as you pedal down the city streets with your SO!
Image by Le Creuset
6. Cook Dinner at Home
Wait, how is cooking dinner at home a date? While it may not sound like anything special at first, cooking a nice homemade meal together can be a great way to connect with your partner in a special way. Put on a mix of your favorite music, dance in the kitchen, and sip a glass of wine while you share stories and laughs together before digging into a delicious meal. See, doesn’t that sound like a great way to spend an evening?
Recipes for a Perfect Date Night
Speaking of delicious meals, we’ve got a few recipe ideas to share for an incredible dinner date!
Blackberry and Thyme Baked Brie
A Table & Thyme classic, this blackberry and thyme baked Brie is an unforgettable appetizer to start off a spectacular evening together. For a more detailed guide on making this recipe, visit our blog here!
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons blackberry jam
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Remove the rind from the Brie and top the cheese block with blackberry jam, blackberries, and pecans, as well as a few sprigs of thyme and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, remove, and enjoy!
A savory side to accompany a fresh summer entrée, these prosciutto-wrapped asparagus spears are an easy delicacy to make for your next date night!
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse, asparagus, trim the ends, and cut each piece of prosciutto in half.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each stalk of asparagus before laying it on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and bake for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Smoked Salmon Flatbread
This smoked salmon flatbread is perfect for a summer night! It’s light but still filling, zesty, and a dinner you won’t soon forget!
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Everything bagel seasoning
- 4-6 oz smoked salmon
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- Fresh herbs such as dill and chives
For the cream cheese:
- ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream at room temperature
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Preheat your oven to 350º. Oil a baking sheet, oil all sides of the dough, and stretch it out into an oval. Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning around the edge of the dough. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- While the dough is in the oven, mix up the cream cheese. Put the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and zest, and chives into a bowl and stir until well combined.
- When the dough is baked through, let it cool. Smear the cream cheese mixture in the middle. Layer the smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese, then top with onions, capers, and fresh herbs. Slice and serve.
Chocolate Pomegranate Hearts
Precious and sweet, perfect for sharing with your darling! For a more detailed guide on how to make this recipe, check out our Simple Pomegranate Chocolate Hearts for You & Your Sweet This Valentine’s Day blog!
- Pomegranate seeds
- Dark chocolate chips
- Fill a heart-shaped silicone tray with pomegranate seeds as evenly as possible.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, and stir until smooth.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the pomegranate seeds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Pop the pomegranate chocolates out of the tray, and enjoy!
Don’t forget a drink! Sip this summertime tea for the perfect seasonal compliment to a lovely evening! You can read more about how to make this recipe on our 5 Recipes for an Exciting Summer Cookout blog!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2- 3 small peaches
- Slice the peaches, and put them in a large pot with the water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat, and crush the peach slices with the back of a spoon. Cover, and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Next, strain the peach syrup into a container. Fill a cup with ice, and pour ice tea over the ice. Add about one ounce of the peach simple syrup (or to taste) and stir. Enjoy!
We hope you felt inspired for your next date night! If you are still struggling to think of ways to celebrate your relationship, or simply want to make date night stress-free, Table & Thyme can help! Take a look at our Graze Boxes, perfect for a variety of events and occasions including special anniversaries and dates! We also share tons of recipes on our blog and our Instagram, so be sure to check in with us for more delicious meals to make your dates nights more special!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.