We've got the perfect savory soup recipe that is sure to fill your heart and belly. This recipe is perfect for a rainy, or chilly day.
- 1 lb. sliced bacon, diced
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 5 c. milk, or more if needed
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cube the potatoes and keep submerged ina bowl of water to avoid discoloration of the potatoes until you need them.
- Cook the diced bacon in a big skillet on medium heat until brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool. You can also cook in the oven.
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned for about one minute. Gradually, whisk in the milk and cook, continue whisking until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Bring the soup to a boil for a short time. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15020 minutes. Stir in the cheese and sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste. if the soup is too thick, you can always add more milk if needed until you reach the desired consistency.
- Use an emersion blender if desired to reach the consistency you want.
- serve warm and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, salt and pepper, a sprinkle of sliced green onion, crispy bacon bits, and grated cheddar cheese.