Spinach Sausage Pasta
It's not Italian takeout, it's the homemade spinach sausage pasta! As you cook sauté the sausage, we won't judge if you're tempted to sneak a bite. This pasta dish is requested often around our house, and we're almost certain it will quickly become a staple around your house too!
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage or Kielbasa Sliced in Circles
- 4 servings of pasta, (we used farfalle pasta)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 10oz Bag of fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- To make the tomato spinach sausage pasta: Start by cooking the pasta al dente, according to package directions
- While the pasta is cooking, saute the sausage until almost cooked through. Add the garlic and a drizzle of olive oil to the sausage and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the sausage and garlic, with a sprinkling of paprika. Once those have cooked nicely stir in the tomato puree and add the spinach, letting it wilt.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and stir it into the sausage, tomato, and spinach sauce. Serve the tomato spinach sausage pasta with lots of black pepper and chili flakes. Enjoy!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact us. Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events we have created.