15 Crafts, Activities, and Recipes for an Awesome Super Bowl Sunday
Image by Phillip Goldsberry
Super Bowl Sunday is almost here.
Get ready for kick-off with these must-try Super Bowl party ideas!
Super Bowl 2023 is almost here! There is a lot to be excited about for this year’s big game, from the surprising comeback of pop legend Rihanna at the Super Bowl Halftime Show to the growing suspense of the two teams facing off on the field. If you are anything like us, you are thrilled for another Super Bowl Sunday filled with great laughs, memorable moments, and amazing food.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the most entertaining ideas and recipes for your Super Bowl 2023 party. Take a look!
Fun Crafts and Activities to Get Everyone Into the Game!
Make the game day celebrations even more memorable with DIY Super Bowl crafts and amusing activities!
Here are 7 craft and activity ideas for your 2023 Super Bowl Party:
Make some noise for this simple craft that is guaranteed to get everyone in the football spirit, even those watching the big game from home!
Visit At Home With Sweet T’s blog to learn how to make them.
Customize your Super Bowl Watch Party with some festive football koozies!
For detailed instructions on how to make these adorable football koozies, check out this guide by The DIY Village!
Penalty Flags and Pom Poms
Watching the Super Bowl from home can be just as engaging as watching from the stadium. Well… maybe not quite the same, but there are plenty of ways to make your 2023 Super Bowl Party an interactive experience for everyone!
Make your own penalty flags (visit Gina Tepper’s Get Creative blog) and pom poms (with Happiness is Homemade’s instruction guide) for guests to embody their inner referees and cheerleader personalities.
Before the big day, have your guests put together a slideshow or presentation of their Super Bowl 2023 predictions to share with the group before kickoff. Or, have them fill out their predictions using a printable worksheet!
Rate the Commercials
Create some DIY signs to use throughout the evening for some fun reactions and ratings for the annual Super Bowl commercials.
Super Bowl Bingo
Create your own bingo card or print off a pre-made Super Bowl Bingo template for added entertainment throughout the entire evening! Make sure to have a special prize ready for whoever wins!
Touchdown Super Bowl Recipes to Try
No Super Bowl party is complete without a table filled with irresistible appetizers, delicious desserts, and energetic drinks. Super Bowl snacks are an absolute must, so here are our top recipes to make for your 2023 Super Bowl Party!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package of cocktail sausages
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- ¾ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and divide each of the sectioned triangles into three smaller triangles. Then, place these triangles onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place one cocktail sausage into the widest part of each triangle, then wrap it with the dough. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Brush the tops of the dough-wrapped cocktail sausages with the beaten egg, and sprinkle the Everything But the Bagel seasoning on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While they are baking, combine the maple syrup and dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- Serve the pigs in a blanket with the maple-dijon dipping sauce on the side and enjoy!
Cheesy Pickle Spears
- Dill pickle spears
- Havarti cheese slices
- Egg roll wrappers
- Lay out an eggroll wrapper. Cut a slice of Havarti cheese in half and place it in the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Lay a pickle spear on top of the cheese and roll it up like an egg roll. Then, dip your finger in the pickle juice and rub the edge of the egg roll wrapper to seal it.
- Cook the spears for 8 to 10 minutes and 360º F, making sure to flip them over half way through.
- Combine some ranch and sriracha for a dipping sauce to serve alongside the cheesy pickle spears and enjoy!
Candied Bacon Ritz Crackers
- Ritz crackers
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Jalapenos, canned
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a layer of crackers on the parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cut the bacon strips into small 1-inch squares and place a square in the center of every cracker.
- Combine the brown sugar, mustard, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix. Spoon a small amount of the brown sugar-mixture onto the bacon.
- Place the crackers in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until the bacon becomes crispy.
- Top the cracker with jalapenos and serve.
Brownie Batter Dip
- 3 Tablespoons of your nut butter of choice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons oat flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients in a bowl, except the chocolate chips. Stir until combined and there are no pockets of cocoa powder. (If the batter is thick, add a couple of tablespoons of milk.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
Brown Butter Rice Krispies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Put a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it browns. Remove from heat, and add the marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Add the salt and rice krispies, then mix until well combined. Scoop the mixture into the baking dish, and press the top flat into the pan.
- Let cool, then slice and serve!
Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Open the can of biscuits and lay them out on a sheet of parchment paper. Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut out the middle of each of the rounds.
- Place a few of the rounds in the air fryer, keeping space between the biscuits and cook at 360º F for around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and melt the butter.
- Once the biscuits are done, brush them with the melted butter and immediately sprinkle them with the cinnamon sugar mixture until well-coated.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 frozen ripe banana, peeled & sliced
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender to break down the frozen banana and orange.
- On high, blend the frozen banana chunks, vanilla, and orange juice together until thick, creamy, and smooth – about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add the yogurt, orange, and orange zest (if using). Blend until combined.
Frozen Mango Mezcal Margaritas
- 1 medium honey mango
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 Tablespoon simple syrup
- 2 shots Mezcal
- Handful of ice
- Hot sauce of choice
- Aleppo pepper, tajin, or other seasoning
- Combine the mango, lime juice, simple syrup, mezcal, and ice in a blender. Blend until combined in a smoothie-like texture.
- Put hot sauce on a plate, and roll the rim of the glass around until it's well coated. Sprinkle your seasoning of choice on a second plate, and coat the hot sauce-covered rim.
- Pour the mango margarita into the glass, and enjoy!
Coconut Cream Soda
- Coconut Lacroix
- Unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- Vigorously shake your can of coconut milk for about a minute to make sure the liquids and solids aren’t separated.
- Fill a glass with crushed ice. Pour in the coconut lacroix, leaving about 1.5 inches of space at the top. Top it off with the coconut milk, and stir.
- Add fresh strawberry slices for a fun twist!
Avoid Fumbles at Your Super Bowl Party with Table & Thyme!
Our selection of specialty Graze Boxes makes it easy to elevate every event with an appetizing spread of flavorful food.
Read more about our tasty and convenient Graze Boxes on our blog, and place your order for pick up before kickoff on Super Bowl Sunday!
If you are new to Table & Thyme’s corner, join our community for more specially crafted content! Follow our Instagram, Pinterest, and Tik Tok for new recipe uploads, and visit our blog for event hosting tips every week.
Sign up for our newsletter below so you never miss the latest news or offers!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.