After a long day of work, a nice home cooked meal is a sure-fire way to relax and reconnect with yourself and your family.
Savory marinara, crispy baked chicken, and a selection of quality melted cheeses sounds like the perfect meal to share together and check in with the family!
These days it seems like life is only getting busier. Every season has its unique traits, and being stuck in-between winter and spring, especially in the South, can make the days feel anything but structured. The weather is constantly changing its mind, the days are too short, and it seems like there’s too much to do and too little time to get it done.
It can be really easy to find yourself in a slump sometimes, and when that happens it’s important to remember that whatever may be going on in that moment, odds are it won’t last forever! While that can be much easier said than done, there are plenty of ways to combat these emotions and stay focused on the positive! Making sure to take care of your body and your mind is important everyday, but especially on those days it feels the most difficult. That can look different for everybody, but one way to make sure you are connected to yourself and the people around you is by taking the time to slow down with a great meal!
With quick and easy recipes you don’t have to worry about fitting family mealtime into your schedule anymore and with Table & Thyme on your side, you don’t have to wonder if your dinner will be one for the books or an embarrassing story because when it comes to creating unmatched culinary experiences, we’ve got you covered! This week we are sharing the perfect meal to share while you catch up with your family and remind yourself of what motivates you in life, so if you’re looking for the perfect weeknight dinner for you and your family, stay tuned!
Easy and Delicious Chicken Parmigiana? Yes, Please!
For such a mouthwatering dinner, this is a pretty simple recipe with only a few ingredients needed to make it, making it an awesome option for most people! You can customize it and adjust it to fit your particular flavor preferences, of course, such as by opting for a jar of your favorite marinara sauce or adding some more spices to the mix. But aside from your own personalizations, you’ll only need some fresh chicken breast, salt, pepper, some Panko breadcrumbs, flour, marinara sauce, and mozzarella and parmesan cheese, as well as a few eggs!
Breading and baking the chicken yourself is not only great for maximizing the flavor of the chicken, as well as keeping it moist and tender, but it’s also the healthier option as it doesn’t need to be chalked full of calorie-dense preservatives! This recipe has an easy breading method and then after a few minutes of pan-frying, it is as simple as tossing the chicken into a casserole dish with the marinara and topping with the cheeses before baking.
After only about 20 minutes in the oven, you’ll be left with crispy, savory, and tasty chicken parmigiana perfect for reconnecting and making memories at the dinner table with your family!
Table & Thyme’s Crispy Chicken Parmigiana
A classic dinner for any day, this chicken parmigiana pairs perfectly with pasta, vegetables, and so much more!
- 4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Panko
- 1/2 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan, More to Taste
- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- 32 ounces Jarred Marinara Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Begin this recipe by preheating the oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare the chicken breast by placing it between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper and pound until the breasts reach about 1/2″ thickness.
- Your breading station will be made of three bowls, two of dry mixtures and a third with wet ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour and salt together and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together. Finally, beat the eggs and leave in a third bowl.
- Before breading the chicken, prepare a skillet with oil over medium-high to high heat. Then, use half of the marinara sauce to fill a casserole dish and set aside.
- Begin breading this chicken by dredging it in flour, then egg, then dip it into the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture. Once it has been drenched in each bowl, transfer it to the large skillet with hot oil.
- Fry the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side until it reaches a rich golden brown color. Once it is ready, place the breast in the casserole dish with marinara sauce. Repeat for as many breasts as you can fit into the dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the rest of the marinara sauce and the shredded mozzarella cheese, as well as a bit of parmesan!
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Always check to make sure that the chicken has been cooked thoroughly by using a meat thermometer! For brown bubbly tops and an extra bit of crunch, broil on high for the last 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve!
Wondering how to make it a complete dinner?
Planning out a full meal can be a lot harder than it sounds. And actually scheduling out the time to prepare it? That’s even harder! Take a load off and make eating easier by taking advantage of our culinary advice. Table & Thyme is dedicated to creating one of a kind catering experiences for a range of events, small and large. While our services aren’t practical for the everyday, our sister company Mealfit’s delicious catering services are! With Mealfit’s Meals by the Pound, you can order ingredients and food in-bulk that’s already been prepared! All you have to do is reheat and eat! This makes mealtime so much easier, and is the perfect way to enjoy this tasty chicken parmigiana. Maybe some jasmine rice and roasted broccoli or some sweet potatoes and the veggie medley? Whatever you may be craving, Mealfit can be a great tool for managing a busy schedule! When it comes to events and occasions you want to remember, though, Table & Thyme is at your service!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.