On February 13, millions of Americans will be tuning in to the football match of the year between the Los Angeles Rams and the Cincinnati Bengals.
No matter which team you are rooting for to win this year’s Super Bowl, it’s no argument that having delicious food to fuel the evening is one of the highlights of the event.
Whether you are hosting a watch party with friends and family or just planning on spending the evening with your household, make the Super Bowl even better with some mouthwatering appetizers!
Of course, you may not be the one running across the field for hours hoping to claim victory in front of millions of people… but sometimes it can feel that way even from the comfort of your living room! It’s very easy to become quite invested in the game at play and it can take a lot out of you, which is why having plenty of food to keep you going throughout the evening is key. Plus, who wouldn’t want some snacks to savor while reminiscing the good old days during the halftime show featuring Mary J. Blige, Dr. Dre, Eminem, and Snoop Dog. Make sure you have the energy to make it to the end of the night because you don’t want to be the last one to find out who won the game. And, it’s important to have plenty of food because if we know anything about football, it’s that games can take a lot longer than expected before one team finally triumphs over the other.
Keeping things classy while making flavor a priority!
Just because this event is centered on sports doesn’t mean it can’t be classy and stylish. When it comes to making delicious food that elevates the quality of events, Table & Thyme has plenty of advice and experience to share! This year, we are sharing some top tier recipes to make your Super Bowl a super one, pun intended. If you’re interested in savoring some classic Super Bowl flavors and dishes for a chic and delicious watch party, you’re in the right place! Let’s explore Table & Thyme’s three appetizers to make for the 2022 Super Bowl!
Image by The Country Cook
Tantalizing Spinach & Artichoke Pull Apart Bread
For events like the Super Bowl, a variety of foods that mix and match perfectly are ideal. Foods that are also super easy to serve and shareable? That’s an even better win! This spinach and artichoke pull apart bread is the perfect snack to sink your teeth into while watching the big game with its aromatic and savory blend of earthy spinach, tangy artichoke, and more baked into a soft sourdough bread. Here’s how to make it:
Image and recipe originally by The Country Cook
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- ½ cup artichokes hearts, drained
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well of excess water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare to make this pull apart bread by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Using a sharp bread knife, cut the loaf of bread into strips at a diagonal angle, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread. Then, cut diagonal strips going in the opposite direction, making sure not to cut all the way to the bottom of the loaf.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients to create the spinach dip. Reserve about ¼ of the cheeses for topping off the bread.
- Stuff the spinach dip into the crevices, trying to add as much into the bread as possible.
- Top the bread with the remaining cheese, making sure to get some in the crevices as well.
- Wrap the bread in foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
Image by Tastes Better from Scratch
Creamy, Cheesy, and Spicy Crab Dip
Maybe you’re looking for something with a little more kick while you watch the big kickoff on Sunday. If that’s the case, this creamy crab dip is the perfect addition to your Super Bowl watch party! Complete with a medley of tasty cheeses, flavorful crab meat, and a hearty helping of hot sauce, this dip is sure to be a highlight for your evening! Here’s how to make it:
Image and recipe originally by Southern Living
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 4 medium scallions
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of choice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1¼ cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1¼ cups creamy Havarti cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
- Begin this recipe by preheating the oven to 375°F. Then, thinly slice the scallions, separating dark green parts from white and light green parts, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl or using a stand-mixer with a paddle attachment on the medium setting, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, and celery salt. If using a stand mixer, mix for about 1 minute until the mixture becomes creamy and make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add 1 cup each of the cheddar and Havarti cheeses and beat on medium-low speed until incorporated, about 10 seconds. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the crabmeat and white and light green parts of scallions.
- Next, transfer crab mixture to a 2-quart baking dish and top with remaining ¼ cup each cheddar and Havarti. Bake in the oven until the edges are bubbly and the cheese has melted. This should take about 20 minutes.
- For the final touch, turn the oven to broil on high and continue baking until the cheese has browned. Broiling is much faster than baking, so this step only takes 3 to 5 minutes. Once ready, remove the dip from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Top with reserved dark green parts of scallions and serve.
Image by Lauren’s Latest
Buffalo & Blue Cheese Devilled Eggs
The pairing of buffalo and blue cheese is one that is rarely matched. But for a fun and, frankly much more convenient, twist on the traditional wings and dressing, why not opt for some delicious devilled eggs with the same flavors? You’ll be surprised how much you like them, so definitely be sure to make more than you’re expecting so you don’t disappoint yourself when they’re all gone too soon! Here’s how to make it:
Image and recipe originally by Lauren’s Latest
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: None
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 5 eggs
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce + more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- parsley for garnish
- Begin by placing your eggs into a large pot and filling the pot with cold water until the water reaches about an inch or so above the top of the eggs.
- Place the pot over high heat until it reaches a steady boil. Once the water is boiling, place a lid over the pot and remove it from heat. Set it aside for about 10 minutes.
- After the eggs have had time to cook, place the eggs into a bowl of ice water to cool for another 10 minutes to ensure they are totally cooled before handling.
- Once the eggs have cooled, remove from the bowl and dry. Then, begin peeling the shell from the hardboiled eggs and discarding it.
- Slice each egg down the center lengthwise and remove cooked yolks, placing them into a medium-sized bowl. Mash cooked yolks with a fork and add the chopped scallion, pickle, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Spoon filling back into whites and top with blue cheese, more hot sauce, and parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Next year, celebrate the Super Bowl with Table & Thyme!
Just because we weren’t able to celebrate the big game together this year, doesn’t mean we can’t in the future! Take the weight of food-prep off your shoulders and sit back and enjoy the event instead by ordering one of our unique graze boxes to feed you and any other guests at your watch party! Our graze boxes come in a variety of sizes and can be customized to fit your flavor and dietary needs, so be sure to check out everything our graze boxes can offer here!
We hope you have a fun and entertaining Super Bowl Sunday filled with memories and great food! Good luck to your team of choice, whichever one you may be rooting for!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.