Upgrade Your Toast with These 7 Gourmet Recipes!
Step aside, avocado toast, there’s a new top toast recipe in town.
In fact, we’ve got seven new and unique gourmet toast recipes to easily upgrade your meals!
Whether you enjoy a slice at breakfast, or a quick snack in the afternoon, toast is something that can be enjoyed at any time of day! Not only is it incredibly versatile and easily customized, but toast is a simple alternative for anyone looking to avoid spending hours upon hours in the kitchen. They even make for shareable appetizers, too! All in all, you can’t go wrong with some gourmet toast, but what is it that makes it 'gourmet?' While it may not be coming from the kitchen of a world-renowned chef, there are some qualities that can upgrade your toast from “meh” to “my oh my!” These qualities include the types of ingredients being used, the presentation on the plate, and so much more. But don’t fret, we’ve already taken the time to experiment and explore the range of flavors and factors that make for some high-quality toast, and we’re so excited to share what we’ve found!
7 Ways to Make Your Toast Gourmet!
Sure, a nice, crunchy slice of buttered toast is great, but what if it could be even better? With these 7 easy recipes, you could be relishing in the exquisite flavors of gourmet quality toast in no time!
1. Peach Burrata Toast
Enjoy the sweet heat of this easy-to-make toast recipe! Fresh peaches topped with zesty basil and spicy honey, all nestled on a bed of buttery burrata; it’s the tastiest way to close out the summer months!
- Ciabatta roll
- 1 medium-sized peach
- 1 bunch of basil, fresh
- One ball of burrata
- Spicy honey
- Slice the ciabatta in half and drizzle the top of each half with olive oil. Then, place them oil-side down on a saucepan on medium heat to toast.
- Slice the peach and cut the basil leaves into thin strips.
- Remove the now toasted ciabatta rolls from the pan and smear a layer of burrata over them.
- Arrange the sliced peaches on top of the burrata and sprinkle the basil strips.
- Top off the toast with a drizzle of spicy honey and enjoy!
2. Pesto Egg Toast
A practical way to start the morning with a hearty helping of protein and irresistible flavors!
- Sliced bread of your choice
- 1 Egg
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Place the bread for a few moments and allow it to toast before repeating on the other side.
- Set the toast aside and reduce the heat to a medium-low setting. Spoon a large dollop of pesto into the pan, as well as an egg. Cook the egg however you’d like.
- As the egg is cooking, slice the avocado and place the slices along the top of the toast.
- Once the egg is cooked, place it and any remaining pesto from the pan onto the sliced avocado and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
3. Tarragon Chicken Salad Toast
Savory, juicy chicken paired with the unique flavors of tarragon and other spices, this toast recipe is great for a quick and satisfying lunch or afternoon snack!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3 scallions, sliced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup tarragon leaves, chopped
- ½ black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sliced bread of your choice
- Toast the bread slices and set them aside.
- Use a fork to shred the meat of the rotisserie chicken and place the shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the toast and top with fresh scallion slices to serve!
4. Prosciutto and Burrata Toast
You ordered toast topped with plenty of protein, but we made it gourmet! This prosciutto and burrata toast is guaranteed to impress even the pickiest of eaters with its complex medley of fresh flavors, including sharp parmesan and lemon, zesty chives, and creamy tomato!
- 1 sliced baguette or ciabatta
- Tomato paste
- Parmesan or other salty cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Slice and toast your bread while letting the butter soften and reach room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix a 1:1 ratio of butter and tomato paste until they become smooth. Then, sprinkle 1-2 Tablespoons of grated parmesan and stir it into the mixture.
- Spread the mixture over the toast and place a layer of prosciutto on top. Place half of the burrata on a single slice of toast and top with fresh lemon zest, chives, a drizzle of olive oil, and a dash of freshly cracked pepper.
5. Strawberry Pistachio Toast
A fan favorite of the blog, this deliciously salty and sweet toast recipe is just so good that we had to share it again!
- Cream cheese
- Spicy honey
- Olive oil
- Roughly chop the pistachios and slice the strawberries.
- Slice the baguette at an angle and drizzle the slices with olive oil. Broil for a couple of minutes or until toasted.
- Once the baguette slices are toasted, smear them with cream cheese. Top with sliced strawberries, sprinkle on the chopped pistachios, and drizzle with honey.
6. Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Toast
This toast is a decadent dose of sunshine with a lovely balance of sweetness and tang!
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 slice of your preferred bread
- 2-4 Tablespoons of Ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Drizzle of honey
- Toast your bread.
- Spoon ricotta into a Ziploc bag and cut off the tip to use it as a piping bag. Pipe the ricotta onto the toast.
- Use a Microplane or zester and zest a lemon onto the ricotta.
- Top the toast with blueberries and drizzle with honey.
7. Custard Toast
Rich and velvety, this creamy take on air fryer french toast is the perfect snack to try next time you are craving something sweet!
- 2 slices of brioche bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- Blueberries, chocolate chips, or any toppings of your choice
- For best results, preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, beaten egg, and maple syrup until it becomes a smooth and creamy custard.
- Press the back of a large spoon into the center of one of the bread slices and work the spoon around to create a well within the bread. Repeat on the other slice, as well.
- Spoon the custard into the wells and add any additional toppings such as fresh berries, chocolate chips, and more.
- Cook the bread slices in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes, watching to ensure that the custard has set before serving.
Make Every Meal Exciting with Table & Thyme!
Enjoying a bite of fun and flavorful toast is always a great time, but with Table & Thyme, there is so much more deliciousness to explore! We are passionate about creating elevated experiences with the food we prepare, which is why we are dedicated to sharing creative recipes whenever we can! We share recipe guides all the time on our blog, as well as highlights from the events we’ve catered in the past, tips and tricks for being a 5-star host, and so much more! If you are looking to step up your cooking game, don’t forget to check out our other guides such as:
8 Fun and Fruity Drinks to Make at Home
8 Dips to Make Your Next Event a Hit!
5 Recipes for an Exciting Summer Cookout
Thank you for checking out our guide for 7 easy gourmet toast recipes! If you felt inspired by any of these recipes and want to explore more of Table & Thyme’s culinary content, feel free to check out some of our other recipe guides spotlighted in the article, browse our blog for more in-depth recipe how-tos, or connect with us on Instagram to be the first to see the recipes we share!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.