Whether your diet ends in ‘-arian,’ ‘-ism’ or ‘-nivore,’ this recipe hits the spot for a cozy, soul-filling, one pot meal.
Try this delicious vegan portobello pot roast and have your house smelling like FALL!
What you'll need:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups stout beer or other dark beer, such as porter
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, slivered
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 10 Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour to make a roux, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Slowly add the beer and vegetable broth to make a sauce.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, sage, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the portobellos, carrots and potatoes. Use a spoon to coat the vegetables with the sauce.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender. Serve with sprigs of rosemary for garnish (if using).
Recipe courtesy of Pinterest.