Taco ’bout a dinner worth savoring! Tonight we’re cooking up chicken tacos, and our mouths are already watering. Is it dinnertime yet?
- 12 to 16 (6-inch) tortillas
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or ground cumin if you want it less spicy
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) bag tri-color slaw
- 2 medium limes
- black pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/2 (10-ounce) wheel queso fresco or other crumbly Mexican cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- Hot sauce
- Heat an oven to warm or 175ºF. Stack 12 to 16 tortillas (3 to 4 per person), then wrap them completely in aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place in the oven to warm while you prepare the chicken, slaw, and toppings.
- Remove the breast and thigh meat from 1/2 rotisserie chicken (save the rest of the chicken for another use). Place in a bowl and shred with 2 forks. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chili powder or cumin and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and toss to combine.
- Place the slaw in a large bowl. Halve, then juice 1 of the limes over the slaw. Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper, and toss to combine.
- Prepare the toppings, placing them all in separate bowls: Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Dice 1/2 yellow onion and 2 avocados. Crumble up 1/2 wheel queso fresco cheese. Place 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup salsa in serving bowls if desired.
- If the chicken is no longer warm, it can be covered and warmed in the microwave if desired. Place the packet of warm tortillas on a plate. Place the chicken, tortillas, slaw, toppings, and hot sauce out for everyone to make their own tacos.
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact us. Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events we have created.