Are you getting caught up in the morning rush?
Take it easy with these 7 make-ahead breakfast ideas.
Mornings can be a stressful time for everyone. Even if you wake up on time, there’s no guarantee that the day will go according to plan. And to make matters worse, if you don’t wake up on time, fitting the most important meal of the day into your schedule can be a major hassle.
Since most of us don’t have the time to cook every morning, we are all looking for quick and easy ways to get the nutrition we need to be at our best throughout the day. That’s where we come in!
Today, we’re sharing 7 simple breakfast recipes perfect for ‘grab and go’ mornings when you’re running short on time.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas for 2022
This list of breakfast recipes has something for everyone, and they can all be made ahead of time so you can use your mornings to relax! Either prepare the night before or prep at the beginning of the week for a stress-free morning routine.
Take a look at some of our favorite morning snacks, savory breakfast ideas, and even a few sweet treats, like our irresistible cinnamon roll recipe below!
1. Whipped PB&J Brown Butter
The classic pairing of peanut butter and jelly just got better. Upgrade your morning with this fluffy and flavorful whipped brown butter recipe!
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 Tablespoons flavored jam of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a medium-sized bowl with ice and water and setting it aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat and stir continuously to prevent burning. Keep heating the butter until it browns, and then transfer to a separate large mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl, combine the browned butter with the peanut butter and jam. Whisk until smooth.
- Place the bottom of the mixing bowl into the ice bath and continue to whisk the mixture until it becomes a whipped consistency.
- Spread the whipped butter over toast or as a fun PB&J sandwich, and enjoy! Keep in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
2. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Banana Bites
A sweet little treat to start your day the right way, these chocolate-covered banana bites even have some protein for extra energy.
- Nut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and slice each banana into ¼ inch pieces. Then, create tiny banana sandwiches with peanut butter in the middle. Do this to all of the remaining slices as well.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl by combining them with the coconut oil and placing them in the microwave in 30-second increments. Be sure to stir to prevent burning.
- Pierce a banana sandwich using a fork and dip it into the bowl of chocolate, rolling to coat. Remove and transfer the now chocolate-covered banana slices onto the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the banana sandwiches are coated, and move the baking sheet into the freezer for around 2 hours to settle.
3. Blueberry Buckle
Featured in our list of the best fall recipes for 2022, this is our favorite blueberry breakfast recipe for a cozy autumn day!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Place the butter into a loaf pan and allow it to melt in the oven while it is preheating.
- Mix the flour, sugar, milk, and salt evenly in a small bowl.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter into the melted butter. Stir to partially combine, then sprinkle blueberries over the top.
- Bake for around an hour, watching for the top to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
4. Simple Protein Pancakes
Make sure you have everything you need to feel your best throughout the day with a simple 3 ingredient recipe for delicious protein pancakes!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- Mash the banana in a bowl using a fork. Then, whisk in the egg until smooth. Slowly incorporate the flour and whisk until the batter is well mixed.
- Add some butter to a medium-sized pan and melt over medium heat. Once ready, pour about ¼ cup of the pancake batter into the pan, cook until the pancake browns, and flip to repeat on the other side.
- Place the cooked pancake on a separate plate and continue the process until the batter is gone.
- Top with maple syrup, or even the whipped PB&J brown butter recipe we shared above, and enjoy!
5. Peanut Butter & Honey Toast
Another simple recipe for a productive morning, this stress-free protein breakfast is a great way to start a good day.
- 1 slice of bread
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Toast your bread to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, put the peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish and cook for 10-15 seconds. Stir, then cook for another 10-15 seconds until it is melted.
- Pour the melted peanut butter onto the toast and use a butter knife to spread in an even layer.
- Pour honey across the toast in a zig-zag pattern. Then, use a toothpick to draw perpendicular lines through the honey.
- Enjoy as is, or top with fresh fruit slices like banana or strawberry.
6. Egg Bites for 2
Egg bites are by far one of the tastiest and easiest breakfast options for anyone on the go. You can mix and match tons of ingredients and have a quick breakfast that’s filling and nutritious. Plus, it’s make-ahead friendly!* Here’s how to make them:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Tablespoons prosciutto, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and grease 4 regular-sized muffin tins.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper to combine in a small bowl.
- Continue to whisk, and add in the prosciutto, diced tomatoes, green onion, and cheese until the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Pour around ⅛ cup of the egg mixture into each muffin tin, and place them into the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with salsa or hot sauce, and enjoy!
*These egg bites will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or they can last in the freezer for 2 months.
7. “Homemade” Canned Cinnamon Rolls
Sure, some things are irresistible when they’re made from scratch. But, do any of us have that kind of time or energy these days? Get the taste of homemade with this easy-to-follow recipe for some cozy brown sugar-glazed cinnamon rolls!
1 can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375º F, grease a baking pan with oil or a non-stick cooking spray, and set the cream cheese out to soften.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the pan, pour the heaving whipping cream over them, and set the pan aside.
- In a small bowl, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in the microwave. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to the bowl and stir before pouring the brown sugar mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 16 minutes.
- While they are baking, combine the softened cream cheese and the remaining butter in the same bowl used to melt the butter. Microwave the ingredients for 30 seconds and whisk until smooth.
- Add the icing from the cinnamon roll can and the powdered sugar into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and drizzle with the cream cheese icing. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Still looking for more breakfast ideas?
Take a look at some of our other breakfast recipes!
Simple & Savory Breakfast to Jumpstart Your Day
5 Deliciously Energizing Breakfast Ideas to Try
How to Make a Maple-Whipped Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew at Home
Whether we’re catering events with charming grazing tables and appetizing menus or testing new recipes, we’re always excited about inspiring our community with delectable food.
If you liked these simple make-ahead breakfast recipes, make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, so you can be the first to see every recipe we share + extra exclusive Table & Thyme content! Don’t forget to tune in to our blog every week, too, where you’ll learn everything you need to know to become an expert event host!
For more information on Table and Thyme, contact them today! Follow us on our social media: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to see the other amazing events, lavishing grazing tables and beautiful graze boxes we have created.